In this final post about getting your tech ready for SxSW, I’ve got 2 final pieces of advice.
- Don’t store your passwords locally. Use a cloud-based password manager like LastPass which keeps an encrypted copy that you can only access locally via password. They even have apps for Blackberry, Android, and iPhone.
- Absolute worst case scenerio:
- Make sure you have either a USB flash drive or a good microSDHC adapter to access your phone’s microSDHC card. On it, you should have enough Portable Applications, or maybe even a Pen Drive Linux Distro to get you through the week.
- Make sure your data is accessible through the cloud, somehow. This can either be through:
- Windows Skydrive
- Google Docs
- Even a Pogoplug back home
Follow this advice, and if the time comes, you won’t panic because you’ll quite literally, know where your towel is.